Love's spot

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Life is Hard. :(

Growing up did you have someone sit down and tell you how hard life is?

I wish my mother taught me how hard it is to live on your own: rent, PGE, Water, Garbage, Credit Cards, phone bills, student loans, Christmas, Birthdays, Dates, "Can I borrow some money?", TAXES!!  How the credit system is unfair. How working and going to school is exhausting. How you might want things..and you might never get them. That  beauty is in the eye of the beholder. How mean some people can be. The pressure of not having things when your friends do. Knowing who your real friends are..and your 'associates'. The pain of childbirth. The loneliness of dating. The sadness of death. The danger of our streets.  Wondering if God is listening when you can't hear Him.

I wish I had someone in my life to tell me.   

Do you think that maybe the problem with some of our youth is that they never had someone tell them? That they NEED someone to tell them. Some of us don't need that. We persevere through the tough times. We struggle without asking for help. We deal the best that we can. True soilders in the battle of life.

I'm not one of those people. I admire the Hell out of them and I wish they would help me figure it all out. 

However until that day comes..I will talk about it and maybe get some good advice.

In return..I will share what I learned. One day if I have kids: I am going to tell them EVERYTHING. I am not going to be ashamed ..I'll tell it all (age appropriate of course). I am going to restart the tradition. I am going to sit in my rocking chair (I have to buy one) and crochet and have Little Love listen to my stories.

I hope those of you who have children will do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home